Sunday 3 May 2015

More fitness apps





Fitness is difficult at best when you are by yourself and your job is a static one.
Although I still use Virtual Gym as mentioned in a previous post, I now use a range of apps on my phone more and all come from one maker which is Runstastic.  The joy of these apps is they push you.  I started with the cycling app Runstastic Road Bike which is a great app for cyclists allowing you to plot your route, speed, gradient etc. basically most of the main things you need when you cycle.

I have the Pro versions of the apps as this opens more features than the lite version and they are not too expensive. I like looking at the history to see the progress that I have made, which could be in distance or speed or just the amount of rides I have done that week/month/year.

I also have since downloaded a number of their other apps including their squats, push ups and sit ups apps which are great for interval training and set you achievable progressive challenges.  Using the apps I have achieved more sit ups and squats than I ever thought I could do, so the apps work for me. Again I enjoy the fact I can see the progress and the exercise routines are short enough to squeeze into the busiest days.

Google Play had an offer of a free Runstastic Pro main apps which is also recommended as you can do all sorts of sports and have the app record your progress.



There are drawbacks with some of the apps such as they do not yet share information between the apps so you can do a work out on one app and it is not recognised by the other.  This is especially the case as the main Runtastic Pro app is connected to the Google Fit app which allows your record of achievements to be stored on your android devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment